Healthy youth ministry roots youth in Christ so that they may be humbly confident and resilient to face the challenges of this world. Parents and supportive adults actively equip and walk with youth to ensure they remain engaged during transitional times. Times of transition and crisis can be critical times where adults and parents should listen well, empathize, and encourage confession and absolution and prayer. God’s promises in baptism can provide a much-needed anchor when circumstances, thoughts and feelings fail to bring comfort. Resilient youth seek to share the Gospel and identify with the mission of the Christian church. In our divisive, sinful world, they are inevitably going to come across resistance.
Resilient youth are prepared through the Holy Spirit to navigate disagreements in a humble, loving way. Resilient youth can embrace the diversity of our world, appreciate the breadth of God’s family, and embrace others in the name of Christ. They are lifelong learners who face doubt and challenge by turning to God’s living and active Word.
Resources for Discovering a Resilient Identity in Christ
Resources help encourage and teach youth to:
- identify with the life and mission of the Christian church and seek to serve others.
- remain humbly confident in their faith in the face of crisis and transition.
- build relationships with those different than themselves and navigate disagreements in a humble, loving way.
- be lifelong learners who face doubt and challenge by turning to God’s Word.
- Discover a Resilient Identity in Christ (Teens/High School)
- Junior Confirmation
- Sunday School
- Help for Sunday School Teachers
- Help for Youth Group Leaders
- Youth Ministry